IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> OPS - Ok that the 'any-value' out

Re: IPP> OPS - Ok that the 'any-value' out-of-band value hasan attribute value?

From: Ron Bergman (rbergma@hitachi-hkis.com)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 13:07:43 EST

    All,

    In the IPP 1.1 Protocol document, the paragraph cited
    by Hugo goes on to read...

    "However, the definitions of additional "out-of-band"
    values in future documents are able to explicitly use the value field
    and have a value-length that is non-zero, if there is a need for
    additional information to be associated with the out-of-band value.
    Unless the definition of an "out-of-band" value explicitly allows for a
    value, the value-length MUST be 0 and the value empty."

    So a 1.1 implemetation must not break, but a 1.0 might.

        Ron Bergman
        Hitachi Koki Imaging Solutions