IPP Mail Archive: RE: IPP> NOT - Summary of Notification agr

RE: IPP> NOT - Summary of Notification agreements [I forgot that indp: is the REQUIRED delivery method]

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 12:42:24 EDT

    I forgot to include a very important agreement which Lee's minutes included:

    23. We agreed that the 'indp:' scheme would be the REQUIRED notification
    delivery scheme that a Printer MUST accept in a Subscription Creation
    request and either perform the delivery of Event Notifications using this
    method or enlist a Notification Service to delivery Event Notifications
    using this delivery method on the Printer's behalf. In order to reduce
    confusion between the indp: delivery method and the INDP (IPP Notification
    Delivery Protocol), the latter will be renamed to INSP (IPP Notification
    Service Protocol). The indp: delivery method is sent by a Notification
    Source (Printer or Notification Service) to a Notification Recipient and
    happens to be the same as the Send-Notifications operation in the INSP
    protocol which is sent from a Printer to a Notification Service.