IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> Media Standardized Names - Units

Re: IPP> Media Standardized Names - Units

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 14:42:00 EDT

    Hmmmmm,
    don't know.
    I've seen a lot of rounding problems in my life.
    As soon as I want to specify that the minimum hardware margin for certain
    sizes is 100 pixel in 600 dpi, I am knee deep in the mud. And this is not
    trivial, as you may loose at least one side of your 1-pixel thick frame
    around the page.
    So Harry's concern has something. That's why I originally wanted to specify
    in mm/1000 (used in Windows NT as well) generally.
    But now it's late in the project and I hate such a drastic change, while
    mm/10 seems to be widely used also.
    So for the sake of it: I do not request a change.
    Norbert