IPP Mail Archive: Re: IPP> NOT - ISSUE 10: OK to change IPPG

Re: IPP> NOT - ISSUE 10: OK to change IPPGET "ippget-event-time-to-live" to "ippget-event-lease-duration"?

From: Michael Sweet (mike@easysw.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 21:40:51 EDT

    "Hastings, Tom N" wrote:

    > ISSUE 10: OK to change IPPGET "ippget-event-time-to-live" to
    > "ippget-event-lease-duration"?

    Um, maybe we can simplify the name/terminology: ippget-event-life?
    We *are* talking about the lifetime of an event, not a lease
    time for a subscription (the lease terminology makes sense for
    subscriptions because you ask for a subscription for a specific
    time period, but events are generated by the printer and aren't
    "leased" by the client, right?)

    Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products                  mike@easysw.com