IPP Mail Archive: IPP> Re: draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-03

IPP> Re: draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-03

From: Harry Lewis (harryl@us.ibm.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 20:57:14 EDT

    Hi Scott. Thanks for your note and interest in progressing the IPP-OPs
    draft. Our main problem is fairly evident. Economics being what they are,
    we have run aground in terms of finding editor cycles. I'm beating the
    bushes and evaluating my own bandwidth.

    I agree that it is essential to discuss security requirements for admin
    ops. There must be other projects, drafts etc who have encountered similar
    requirements. It might help (speed things up) if you could point me to a
    reference which you feel would align with our admin security requirements
    in terms of scope and approach.
    Harry Lewis
    http://www.pwg.org
    IBM Printing Systems
    http://www.ibm.com/printers
    303-924-5337

    "Scott Hollenbeck" <sah@428cobrajet.net>
    04/07/2004 05:09 AM

    <carl@manros.com>
    cc
    Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM@IBMUS, <hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com>, Harry
    Lewis/Boulder/IBM@IBMUS, <ipp@pwg.org>
    Subject
    draft-ietf-ipp-ops-set2-03

    The subject document has been sitting in the "IESG Evaluation :: Revised
    ID
    Needed" state for 18 months. What do you all wish to do with this
    document?
    Here's the IESG comment that needs to be addressed:

    "The Security Considerations section should be more explicit
    about the security required for administrative operations. The fact
    that these operations may need to be protected, even in an
    environment where printing related operations may not be."

    There are also some minor changes that will need to be made due to changes
    in the way the IETF does Internet-Drafts, such as splitting the references
    into normative and informative subsections.

    I want to help move this document along, but I need one of the authors or
    someone else in the WG to stop up to the final editing task. Who is
    willing
    to do that?

    -Scott-
    Apps AD