P1394 Mail Archive: RE: P1394> 1394 Timers?

RE: P1394> 1394 Timers?

Turner, Randy (rturner@sharplabs.com)
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:10:27 -0700

What about a connection keep-alive timer.This could be used by either
intiator or target to determine a peer's inactivity or state. I'm not sure
it's target inactivity we are interested in. A keep-alive timer would serve
the interests of resource re-use for both initiator and target.

(?)

Randy

-----Original Message-----
From: ALAN_BERKEMA@HP-Roseville-om2.om.hp.com
[mailto:ALAN_BERKEMA@HP-Roseville-om2.om.hp.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 1998 10:51 AM
To: p1394@pwg.org; pp1394@cpdc.canon.co.jp
Subject: P1394> 1394 Timers?

August 25, 1998

This is a call for discussion on Timers for the 1394 Image Profile.
At the last meeting we attempted to address this issue and only identified 3

timers. Are there others we missed? Please submit comments and suggestions.

1) Reconnect Timer - This one is taken care of by SBP-2 as part of the Login

process.

2) Management ORB Timer - When the Initiator writes a Management ORB address
the Management Agent Register, how long should it wait for a response to be
written to the management ORBs status fifo? How is the timeout value
determined
and communicated?

3) Abort Task Set Timer - An Abort Task Set may issued by an Initiator in
response to Target Inactivity. How is the timeout value determined and
communicated?

Any other timers that we did not include at the last meeting?