P1394 Mail Archive: P1394> PPDT_r11: Minor corrections?

P1394> PPDT_r11: Minor corrections?

From: Peter Johansson (PJohansson@ACM.org)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 21:40:09 EDT

    In a message dated 00-04-13 16:33:23 EDT, alan_berkema@hp.com writes:

    << A few of us were looking at p1394.3 and believe we noticed a couple of
    minor
     errors?>>

    I assume that you're looking at Draft 1.1, February 10, 2000?

    <<Page 63: Text descriptor leaf offset (3). Believe that this offset should
    be 2 instead of 3.>>

    A value of 3 is correct in figure F-1. A value of zero would refer to the
    entry itself; a value of 3 skips the intervening Node_Capabilities and
    instance directory entries and points you to the start of the descriptor leaf.

    <<Page 65: Text descriptor offset (2). Believe that this offset should be 1
    instead of 2>>

    For the same reasons, 2 is the correct value in figure F-3.

    <<Page Various: csr_offset Believe that this should be mar_offset for the
    SBP-2 Management Agent Register.>>

    Then you would have to explain what the name 'mar_offset" means! I don't
    think there's anything wrong with the generic "csr_offset". The intent was
    to emphasize that the entry was pointing to "a" CSR, not "some particular"
    CSR. ANSI NCITS 325-1998 (SBP-2) itself does this; see figure 44 in 7.4.7
    on page 45.