PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> Should Alerts be replicated???

RE: PMP> Should Alerts be replicated???

Bob Pentecost (bpenteco@boi.hp.com)
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 18:48:37 -0700

I agree that replication is unnecessary, but I'm not convinced that the
entry will always be re-entered in the alert table when space becomes
available. If the condition is still being reported by the printer, then it
should be re-entered.

We had an earlier printer that would report toner low and if the user chose
to continue, we would continue for some number of pages before we would
report it again. In that case, it might not be appropriate to have the
toner low condition continuously in the alert table.

Bob Pentecost
HP

----------
From: Caruso,Angelo[SMTP:Angelo_Caruso@wb.xerox.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 1997 7:13 AM
To: pmp@pwg.org
Subject: RE: PMP> Should Alerts be replicated???

Jay,

My opinion is that replication is uneccessary. And I agree that if the
alert gets flushed due to space limitations then it should be
re-entered later when space permits. This should be easy to implement
since the toner-low condition, for example, won't go away just because the alert table filled up. Angelo