PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Minutes of the "Top-25" call

Re: PMP> Minutes of the "Top-25" call

Chris Wellens (chrisw@iwl.com)
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 17:31:20 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Harry Lewis <harryl@VNET.IBM.COM> wrote:

[stuff deleted]

> >Please go ahead and assume that these five bits can be added,
> >and we will have final confirmation by late April/early May.
>
> However, I need some clarification on the status.
>
> We've been working on moving the Printer MIB forward for more than
> a year now.

I wonder how you arrive at one year? Looking back through my notes,
I find 12/23/96 as the date I sent the email telling everyone
what we had to do to get to DRAFT standard. It looks like three
months to me.

> Tightening the definition of the "top 25" alerts ranks
> high on the list of meaningful accomplishments. We can't afford
> to proceed with the assumption that hrMIB will accept the new
> hrPrinterDetectedErrorState bits only to find out in *May* that
> this is not so.

Then prepare a back-up plan; that's the only alterantive.

> Is it just "paper work" that will have to wait until May? If we do
> proceed, as recommended is there any chance the change will be rejected
> later?

Harry -- I cannot comment on this. I am going to ask
you to have faith that all the right things are happening to
make adding the five bits a successful outcome.