PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Traps

Re: PMP> Traps

Michael Kirkham (mikek@iwl.com)
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 11:27:37 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Matt King wrote:

> > IWL tests.) At first, we thought there was something wrong with
> > the test, but when we loaded up our agent simulator with RFC
> > 1759 we were able to generate a trap and test it just fine. I
>
> I would have suspected that it would have worked with your simulator!
> That is what you developed the code against. The simulator must not be

Actually, the code was developed against the CMU "trapsend" program, if
you'd like to pick nits..

> > suspect that the printers that did support traps were configured
> > in such a way so that the trap was not getting sent to the IWL
> > Test Suite, but rather another application on the system. At
>
> I know the IWL suite was getting traps, because it errored out every
> time my printer sent one!

You should contact support@iwl.com with the error that occured (or, for
that matter, should have brought it up while I was at the interop
testing). I don't recall any mention of problems prior to now. As far as
I'm aware, all of the problems were fixed in that beta version that was
being used prior to the interop testing. We later discovered a possible
problem that only applies to SNMPv2 traps, but this has since been fixed.
Perhaps you were sending SNMPv2 traps, however, and happened to bump into
this problem.

--==--==--==- Michael Kirkham Software Engineer
==--==--==--= Email: mikek@iwl.com Web: http://www.iwl.com/
--==--==--==- InterWorking Labs, Inc. 244 Santa Cruz Ave, Aptos, CA 95003
==--==--==--= Tel: +1 408 685 3190 Fax: +1 408 662 9065