PMP Mail Archive: PMP> 4 tools to help produce IETF plain text documents (RFCs, MIBs)

PMP> 4 tools to help produce IETF plain text documents (RFCs, MIBs)

Tom Hastings (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 11:21:25 PDT

Ira McDonald has added two more tools to the ones we had before in:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/tools/

-rw-rw-r-- 1 pwg pwg 27360 Apr 14 18:14 cscan.exe
-rw-rw-r-- 1 pwg pwg 26240 Apr 14 18:14 maxln.exe
-rw-r--r-- 1 pwg pwg 30032 Apr 14 18:15 overx.exe
-rw-rw-r-- 1 pwg pwg 1089 Dec 2 19:04 readme-maxln-cscan.txt
-rw-r--r-- 1 pwg pwg 27440 Apr 14 18:16 strip.exe

The new ones are:

overx.exe undoes the overstriking that the generic text driver uses
so that the generic text driver can be used to produce plain text
from MS-WORD.

strip.exe removes any bad control characters.

The existing ones scan for bad characters and look for long lines.

Could we put these tools on our PWG web page?

Thanks much to Ira for this help!!
Tom