PMP Mail Archive: PMP> New Printer MIB draft

PMP> New Printer MIB draft

lpyoung@lexmark.com
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 15:25:47 -0400

To: pmp@pwg.org
cc:
From: Lloyd Young
Date: 06/25/97 03:25:47 PM
Subject: New Printer MIB draft

The "Final" Printer MIB draft has been uploaded to the PWG FTP
server: ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/drafts/pmib_062597.txt

The proposed schedule for submitting this as our final Internet
Draft is:

Comments from Printer MIB working group members by 7/3
Draft submitted to IETF 7/7

I recognize this is a tight schedule but we are running a few
weeks behind our original proposed schedule and I do not want
to lose any more time than is absolutely necessary.

This draft has been run through various MIB compilers and
compiles cleanly.

I have included the list of proposed changes to be made in this
draft. The action that was taken on each proposed change is
highlighted by **.
--------------------------
1. Top 21 Printer Conditions
** Added as appendix.
2. Bob Pentecost raised an issue in e-mail dated 4/17/97
on prtAlertTime.
** No changes
3. Harry Lewis raised an issue in e-mail dated 4/18/97
on Alert Alert.
** No changes
4. Ira McDonald's proposal on localization.
** Changes have been made.
5. Jay Martin proposed a change on 4/30/97 in some e-mail
that did not make it into the new draft. I'll copy the
proposed changes here:
Section 2.2.12.2.2 Sub-unit Status
The subsection of "On-line" has "Intended" twice.
The subsection of "Transitioning" has the line "At intended state";
this should change to "At current state". The succeeding line
says "Transitioning to intended state", but this might be OK as is.
The MIB section defining "PrtSubUnitStatusTC"
Exactly the same edits as above.
** Further editing done in this area.
6. The new section that Ron Bergman wrote on Interface Types is
currently Section 3.5.
** Section moved to Section 3.3.1.
7. Significant contributors list lacks recent contributors.
** List expanded.
8. On page 18 of the current draft there is a definition for Busy /
Temporarily Unavailable which appears as part of the same paragraph
for the definition of Unavailable. I believe this should be removed
since there is a second definition for Busy on page 19. I thought we
had agreed to this previously.
** Corrected.
9. The table on page 19 has 'Normal' as the first entry. I thought we had
agreed to change the first entry from 'Normal' to 'Idle'. There is no
definition for 'Normal' but there IS a definition for 'Idle'.
** Corrected.
10. There are many instances of text formatting problems (line wraps and
indentations) in the draft.
** Corrected.
11. If coverOpened and coverClosed are duplicated, one of them should have
their name changed and the 501 and 502 values should be noted as
deprecated.
** 501 and 502 values have been added as deprecated values.

Lloyd Young Lexmark International, Inc.
Senior Program Manager Dept. C14L/Bldg. 035-3
Strategic Alliances 740 New Circle Road NW
internet: lpyoung@lexmark.com Lexington, KY 40550
Phone: (606) 232-5150 Fax: (606) 232-6740