1. Is this a problem that needs to be fixed?
I would like to hear from more of the host application providers.
Harry, Jay, and Tom have replied that they think it needs to be
2. What is the solution to the problem if it needs to be fixed?
Harry has proposed a solution. My concern is that the fix not
break any host applications that have appeared to date. I think
Harry's proposal where we continue to use the existing bits and
use the additional bits to add additional information seems to
be a good compromise. However again I would like to hear from
the host application providers.
This is one situation where we need to forgot what happened in
the past and decide how to move forward. I am going to start
a new thread for this discussion primarily to gather answers
to the first question.
We should not let Draft Standard or Proposed Standard influence
our decision. It appears in discussions that Chris and I have
had with our Area Directors that the best thing for the new
Printer MIB is to go to Proposed and then when the HR MIB
goes to Draft, we go to Draft immediately afterwards.