Now, where do we go from here? Since the Finisher MIB is an extension of
the Printer MIB and the current draft is dependent upon the updated
Printer MIB, our options for the current draft are somewhat limited. I
can think of four possibilities;
1. Wait until the Printer MIB is assigned an RFC number and then submit
the Finisher MIB.
2. Submit both the Printer MIB and the Finisher MIB to the IESG as a
3. Integrate the Finisher MIB into the Printer MIB and submit the
combined MIB to the IESG.
4. The only other alternative is to remove the dependencies upon the
Printer MIB Textual Conventions, and submit immediately.
I don't believe that number 4 is in our long term best interests. 2 and 3
are the only reasonable alternatives.