PMP Mail Archive: Re: PMP> Lastest Host MIB v2smi draft

Re: PMP> Lastest Host MIB v2smi draft

harryl@us.ibm.com
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 17:02:46 -0600

The use of bits in no way changes the previous semantic conveyed by the use
of octet string... correct?

Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems
harryl@us.ibm.com

rdk@empiretech.com (Bobby Krupczak) on 04/28/99 02:42:05 PM

To: mikek@iwl.com (Michael Kirkham)
cc: rdk@empiretech.com, Harry Lewis/Boulder/IBM, lpyoung@lexmark.com,
pmp@pwg.org, chrisw@iwl.com, WIJNEN@vnet.ibm.com
Subject: Re: PMP> Lastest Host MIB v2smi draft

Hi!

>> I disagree. Why should BITS not be imported? It is a textual
>> convention defined in RFC1902.
>
>BITS is neither a textual convention, nor does RFC 1902 define any textual
>conventions. Textual conventions are defined in RFC 1903. Both RFC 1902
>and 1903 define BITS, but they are as [part of] the OBJECT-TYPE and
>TEXTUAL-CONVENTION macros:

You are correct. I will remove it from the imports clause and keep
its use in the particular object using it.

Thanks,

Bobby