PMP Mail Archive: RE: PMP> add device in host resource/mib

RE: PMP> add device in host resource/mib

From: Ron.Bergman@hitachi-ps.us
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 13:53:58 EDT

    Hi Jörg,

    Now I have a better understanding as to your configuration.

    I guess that the SNMP agent in Windows was purchased and the
    HR MIB supports the computer and possibly other devices in the
    computer. Is this correct?

    Have you also included the Printer MIB in the system by adding
    another DLL and using the existing SNMP agent?

    Have you assigned a unique hrDeviceIndex to the printer (i.e.
    plotter) in your Printer MIB?

            Ron Bergman
            Hitachi Printing Solutions America