PMP Mail Archive: PMP> Topics for Port Monitor MIB Meeting

PMP> Topics for Port Monitor MIB Meeting

From: Bergman, Ron (Ron.Bergman@rpsa.ricoh.com)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 16:09:25 EDT

    Hi Harry,

    Since I am not able to attend the PWG meetings next week, here is my suggestions
    for the Port Monitor MIB meeting agenda.

    1. Review the agreed changes from the phone conference last week, which added two
    new objects to the MIB. The latest document, containing these changes is at:

      ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/wd/lcrc-pmpportmib10-20050404.pdf (.doc .mib)

    2. Review the 3 new issues from Bert Wijnen in Ira's email dated 6 April 2005. I
    have briefly read the proposed changes and do not have any objection. The proposal
    does not add any new objects and should not affect any current implementations
    (even though I suspect none exist).

    3. Most Important! Agree to a plan to either have an interoperability test or have
    Microsoft provide a "self certification" utility. I would certainly prefer the latter, but
    there are definite advantages to a face-to-face test, even though it will be a major
    pain. A "self certification" utility, if selected, would allow vendors to test as quickly
    as they are able to generate the code, and not require a postponement until a
    critical mass is ready.

    4. Any other issues deemed appropriate.

            Ron Bergman
            Ricoh Printing Systems America