PWG-ANNOUNCE> MFD Scan Req Formal Vote-Epson-petrie-abstain

From: Petrie, Glen (glen.petrie@eitc.epson.com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 17:26:54 EDT

________________________________

From: owner-pwg-announce@pwg.org [mailto:owner-pwg-announce@pwg.org] On
Behalf Of Harry Lewis
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 10:35 AM
To: pwg-announce@pwg.org
Subject: PWG-ANNOUNCE> PWG Formal Approval begins for MFD Scan
Requirements

PWG Formal Approval commencement for MFD Scan Requirements - Voting ends
Friday July 11, 2008

On June 19, 2008 the PWG Steering Committee approved MFD working group
Last Call exit for the Network Scan Service Use Case and Requirements
document. Our process requires that requirements be treated as a formal
document to assure that we have widespread agreement on the direction of
a new working group effort. At the request of the MFD working group
Chairman, Peter Zehler - Xerox, and according to my duties as Secretary
of the PWG, I hereby initiate Formal Approval by vote of the PWG
membership. The voting period will open on Monday June 16 and close at
10PM (Pacific Time) on Friday July 11, 2008.

Valid votes are: Yes, No, No (with strong objection), Abstain.

Any No vote requires that the voter state the reason for the No vote and
a description of the changes required for turning the No vote to a Yes.

Representatives from PWG member companies are strongly encouraged to
submit a vote.

To cast a vote, please send an email with the following subject line
format:

"MFD Scan Req Formal Vote-<company name>-<last name of
voter>-<yes/no/abstain>"

Example: MFD Scan Req Formal Vote-InfoPrint-lewis-yes

No votes MUST contain a reason in the body of the email.

Please send your vote to the following email addresses:
(Replacing "dot" with . and "at" with @):

thrasher"at"lexmark"dot"com
peter"dot"zehler"at"xerox"dot"com
harryl"at"us"dot"ibm"dot"com

REFERENCE MATERIAL
The Last Call version of the Requirements Document (.doc, and
-rev.pdf/doc are also available):
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/lcrc-mfdscanreq10-20080324.pdf>
The resolution of the Last Call comments (.doc, and -rev.pdf/doc are
also available):
<ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/mfd/wd/Scan-Req-LC-Comments-041708.pdf>

Regards,
Harry Lewis - PWG Secretary

Harry Lewis
Program Manager - Intellectual Property & Open Standards
Phone: 303-924-5337
e-mail: harryl@us.ibm.com
infoprint.com <http://www.infoprint.com/>

P Think before you print