PWG-IPP Mail Archive: Re: BOF scope

Re: BOF scope

From: Paul Moore (pmoore@peerless.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 12:38:56 EDT

    I think we should have the idea of discussin an open source IPP client - but one
    that actually provides a useful , working product rather than a simple 'send
    this job' type of app.

    That means we need to address all sorts of ancillary things like discovery,
    directories, platform, data format, drivers, localization ,as well as the core
    IPP protocol.

    I think therefore that in this light updf is certainly a possible topic. I
    suspect that we wont get that far though in the bof - we willl discuss much
    higer level issues.

    harryl@us.ibm.com on 04/25/2000 09:09:37 AM