PWG-IPP Mail Archive: RE: ADM - IPP Priorities

RE: ADM - IPP Priorities

From: Carl Kugler (kugler@us.ibm.com)
Date: Tue Jun 20 2000 - 16:39:16 EDT

    But if fax replacement is the goal, my first priority would be the widespread
    availability of a secure IPP client, with support for client-side certificates.
    This solves the identity/authentication problems without extending the existing IPP
    specs. For many applications, you can work around the common document format
    problem for now.

        -Carl

    http://www.pwg.org/hypermail/pwg-ipp/0039.html