PWG-IPP Mail Archive: PWG-IPP> RE: PWG> IPP Production Pr

PWG-IPP> RE: PWG> IPP Production Printing Attributes

From: Herriot, Robert (Robert.Herriot@pahv.xerox.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 13:18:35 EST

    I think that IDPrinting in JDF is a reasonable bridge, but I encourage
    others to review it and see if I missed something.

    I'm not sure what you mean by "adopt JDF". JDF is at least one order of
    magnitude more complex than IPP and it tries to solve a much larger problem
    than IPP solves.

    The JDF work until this point has been done by a consortium of a few
    companies. CIP4 is just now forming and JDF is being handed of to CIP4. It
    isn't clear how things will work. I would certainly encourage PWG members to
    participate in CIP4, but I'm not sure what it would mean for PWG to work
    with CIP4.