Semantic Model Mail Archive: RE: SM> Job "Actual"

RE: SM> Job "Actual" attributes

From: TAYLOR,BOB (HP-Vancouver,ex1) (robert_b_taylor@hp.com)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 19:54:40 EDT

    Since Tom brought up the idea of storing results in the job ticket, we've
    been thinking of this as "logging annotations" - i.e., you push these
    "actuals" as logging elements that are added to the ticket as it's
    processed. This would look something like:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

    <ticket>

        <mediaSize>A4 </mediaSize>

        <logging timestamp="10/10/2002 4:50pm PDT" logger=252.15.43.255>

            <mediaSize>US_Letter</mediaSize> <!-- service didn't have A4, so it
    substituted US Letter -->

        </logging>

    </ticket>

    With this, you don't have to redefine elements, even if the service changed
    them (the "actual" is implied by the <logging/> structure), and you can
    attach other attributes to the log timestamps, logger IDs, etc. You have
    both the original intent and the logging information in the same ticket for
    archival/audit/accounting, but it's simple to strip all the logging out and
    re-use the ticket if you want to.

    thoughts?

    bt