Semantic Model Mail Archive: SM> RE: JDF FileSpec/@FileForma

SM> RE: JDF FileSpec/@FileFormatVersionand IPP "document-format-versi on"for PDF/X and TIFF/IT

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 10:35:45 EST

    Here are some really good comments from Martin Bailey about a number of
    recent emails about the FileSpec proposal for JDF from Ann McCarthy, Bob
    Taylor, and myself.

    Martin,
    One thing I left out of the proposal by mistake was how to indicate which
    types of fonts:

    "Type 1"
    "TrueType"
    "OpenType"

    I think we should just add another attribut to FileSpec, say, FontType
    (string) that has meaning when FileClass = Font.

    I like yours and Ann's suggestion not to use the ISO standard designation
    ("ISO nnnn-part:year") when the ISO standard has a versioning mechanism
    specified as part of it, as does TIFF/IT and PDF/X (see below).

    Also I forgot to include DCS (Desktop Color Separation version 2). It
    doesn't have an ISO standard, right?

    Tom