Semantic Model Mail Archive: SM> New CR document: Standard f

From: ElliottBradshaw@oaktech.com
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 16:38:05 EST

    Folks,

    I have placed an updated version of the Chracter Repertoires document at:

      ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/Character-Repertoires/wd-pcr10-20030317.html

    This is a standards track document intended to serve as a reference for the
    Semantic Model. In addition to Yet Another Name, hightlights of recent
    changes include:

      -Changed the title to remove "Preferred"
      -Marked some sections as Informative
      -Formatting cleanup; addition of copyright notice, acknowledgements,
    etc.
      -Clarification in the Abstract and Introduction of goals and non-goals
      -More information about how this document relates to the Semantic Model
      -Changed the details of syntax for repertoire names
      -More information about rules for matching repertoire names
      -Clarified the wording regarding font sensitivity
      -Confirmed use of Unicode code charts for basic non-Asian repertoires
      -Changed from the notion of "Preferred Repertoire" to "Basic Repertoire";
    this emphasizes that the printer is free to advertise additional
    repertoires
      -Included Latin-1 Supplement and Latin Extended-A as Basic Repertoires
      -Added requirement to support the euro character