Semantic Model Mail Archive: RE: SM> RE: WIMS> PrinterSta

RE: SM> RE: WIMS> PrinterStatus (a better solution)

From: McDonald, Ira (imcdonald@sharplabs.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 15:57:37 EDT

    Hi Harry,

    PrinterStatus is the status ONLY of an IPP-like Printer object,
    not the non-existent Device object (which is what you want).

    I suggest I machine translate HR MIB and MIB-II and add
    appropriate elements to the PrtView.xsd (Printer MIB View)
    schema (which already has the related Printer MIB status
    elements mapped).

    Without a Device object in SM, there's no good home for
    these things. Trying to smash the abstract Printer object
    to make it "device-ish" is the wrong modelling road.

    Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
    PO Box 221 Grand Marais, MI 49839
    phone: +1-906-494-2434