From: Zehler, Peter (Peter.Zehler@xeroxlabs.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2006 - 08:18:31 EDT
As agreed to at the PWG face to face this Wednesday will be a
Semantic Model Teleconference . This week we will focus on a strawman
proposal for a PWG Semantic Model v2.0 Schema. Those of you who will
not have access to MyMeetings access should have both the strawman PWG
Semantic Model Schema and the latest WIMS schema available.
April 19 2006
1 pm - 2 pm eastern
WebEx Meeting Details (http://www.mymeetings.com
Meeting Number: 747275324
Meeting Passcode: PwgSm
Meeting Host: Peter Zehler
Join Instructions for Instant Net Conference:
1. Join the meeting now:
2. Enter the required fields.
4. Click on Proceed.
If you have problems with the above link, go to
http://www.mymeetings.com , select "join an event" and use the meeting
number and passcode from above.
1) Walk through the strawman schema
2) Discuss namespace issues
3) Discuss WIMS integration
From: Zehler, Peter
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2006 12:22 PM
Subject: SM Schema update
I have created an updated version of the SM schema. I hope this can be
the basis for extension work.
A local version (i.e. relative links to schema files stored in the same
directory) of the schema is available at
I have included an XMLSPY project file.
The date when I can have an straw man schema that includes Subunits,
Counters and Imaging Device Services Framework is right now.
What I have done is
1) Added the subunits as a peer of the services (e.g. Printer)
2) Added services for an Imaging device (e.g. FaxIn)
3) Included Counters which I believe are up to date with the approved
4) Added includes to all subschema so that each is valid on its own
(makes it easier to edit and traverse)
5) Update the SM namespace
What I have not done is
1) Resolve the name conflict between Subunits and SM (I put Subunits in
its own namespace as a stopgap solution)
2) Renamed the services to be consistent with WIMS
3) Added WIMS (except for Subunits)
4) Updated the master list of elements
5) Done anything to the SM specification
Xerox Innovation Group
Voice: (585) 265-8755
FAX: (585) 265-7441
US Mail: Peter Zehler
800 Phillips Rd.
Webster NY, 14580-9701
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.4 : Mon Apr 17 2006 - 08:19:10 EDT