UPD Mail Archive: UPD> installable options, part 2

UPD> installable options, part 2

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@oaktech.com)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 17:10:29 EST

    Here some samples as promised to explain what goes around in my mind.

    File "UPDF Description HP LaserJet 8150.xml" is our old well known "HP LaserJet 8150.xml". I added the prefix to make to more apparent that this is a real UPDF description.

    File "UPDF CommandSequences HP LaserJet 8150.xml" was created yesterday (yesterday's name "HP LaserJet 8150__CommandSequences.xml") and is holding the PDL specific command sequences.
    It's a question whether we add that to the configuration file. This would allow to have one file with command sequences used by a number of UPDF descriptions. The suffix mutated to a prefix to have a more consistent naming convention.

    File "UPDF Locale en_us HP LaserJet 8150.xml" is our old well known "HP LaserJet 8150__Locale en_us.xml") and is holding the English UI strings.
    It's a question whether we add that to the configuration file. This would allow to have one file with UI strings used by a number of UPDF descriptions. The suffix mutated to a prefix to have a more consistent naming convention.

    File "UPDF Configuration HP LaserJet 8150.xml" is a telling about the UPDF Description file of the master unit (exactly 1) and the UPDF Docking Info files (none, one or more) for the optional units.

    Files "UPDF Docking Info 2000 Sheet Input Tray.xml" and "UPDF Docking Info Duplexing Unit.xml" are telling about their ability to be docked at UPDF Configuration files and the UPDF Description file for the respective optional unit.

    Find the two new, small dtd files attached as well.

    Sounds reasonable to me. What about you?

    Regards
    Norbert