UPD Mail Archive: UPD> meeting in Portland

UPD> meeting in Portland

From: Norbert Schade (norbertschade@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Jun 20 2002 - 08:40:56 EDT

    Alan,
    we talked a bit about the PSI group and its targets at our last meeting in Boston.
    Harry suggested that we'll exchange information between the UPDF and PSI standards to find out if we can help each other.
    Jim Sommer and I will be in Portland on Wednesday. So you would have two of the current three leaders of the UPDF group present. We will join your group - at least in the morning sessions.
    If you like, we could do some presentation, perhaps about an hour. Let me know, if you have some preferences.
    This may very well line up with the plenary next day and the attempt to find synergies between the various groups.
    Would do you think?

    I have subscribed to your list a minute ago, but do not know if it works already. so I'd prefer a direct copy of the answer.
    Is there any must-read document we have to study to get a feeling what your main objectives are, other than general knowledge what a print server might want to do?

    Regards

    Norbert Schade
    69 Prescott Drive
    North Chelmsford, MA 01863