XP Mail Archive: RE: XP> XHTML-Print media type

RE: XP> XHTML-Print media type

From: Jun Fujisawa (fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 05:10:19 EST

    Melinda,

    I asked Mimasa (W3C HTML Activity Lead) for comments.

    At 7:53 PM -0800 02.3.26, GRANT,MELINDA (HP-Vancouver,ex1) wrote:
    >'The MIME media type used to refer to a conforming XHTML-Print document
    >shall be "application/vnd.pwg-xhtml-print+xml". RFC 3236 provides a generic
    >naming mechanism for XHTML-based languages, i.e., "application/xhtml+xml";

    He pointed out that the statement, "RFC 3236 provides a generic naming
    mechanism" is not correct. RFC 3236 just registers a new MIME media type
    for XHTML based markup languages, "application/xhtml+xml".

    He also told me that using a special MIME media type instead of "application/
    xhtml+xml" for XHTML-Print is acceptable.

    --
    Jun Fujisawa
    <mailto:fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>