XP Mail Archive: Re: XP> Comments on CSS Print and XHTML-Pri

Re: XP> Comments on CSS Print and XHTML-Print

From: Jun Fujisawa (fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp)
Date: Tue Nov 05 2002 - 06:52:05 EST

    Hello Elliott,

    At 3:48 PM -0500 02.10.31, ElliottBradshaw@oaktech.com wrote:
    >XHTML-Print
    >-----------------
    >
    >2. Section 1.3.1. I agree with the yellow-text suggestion to remove the
    >sentence "A generic event handling...".

    I agree with you and Jim.

    >4. Section 1.3.3. There is no user input. How about a summary here of
    >the material in section 4.5.

    Yes. This section does not currently have meaningful information concerning
    printing. I suggest to change the description to something like this:

    "Basic XHTML forms, section 5.5.1 [XHTMLMOD] are supported. Note that a
    printer print a static version of a form, and the visual appearance of a form
    depends heavily on the implementation."

    >5. Section 2.1. Since PWG is a real organization and xhtml-print.org is
    >just a URL, probably PWG is a better name for the doctype. (but not a big
    >deal)

    I propose that we will use the following System Identifier:

    SYSTEM "http://www.pwg.org/xhtml-print/xhtml-print10.dtd"

    >7. Section 4.2. This refers to a discussion of e.g. & and < in style
    >sheets, which I could not find.

    The last sentence in Section 4.2 does not make sense to me ether.

    --
    Jun Fujisawa
    <mailto:fujisawa.jun@canon.co.jp>