XP Mail Archive: XP> Taking XHTML-Print and the CSS Print Pr

From: don@lexmark.com
Date: Fri Nov 22 2002 - 15:55:12 EST

    All:

    At the W3C Advisory Committee meeting this week, I had the opportunity to
    discuss with the appropriate people the process for submitting our
    documents to the W3C. Because this work is so well aligned in general with
    the work in progress in the HTML and CSS committees of the W3C, it will
    more appropriate to submit them to these committees rather than making them
    general submissions to the W3C.

    To this end, some among us who are W3C members will have to join the HTML
    and CSS working groups. In addition, we will need a release from Oak
    Technology in order to proceed with the submission after the PWG is "done"
    with it. The release from Lexmark, HP, Canon and Xerox will be a part of
    our joint submission as members of the W3C.

    The release ---> http://www.w3.org/TR/Release

    I'll keep the working group up to date as this proceeds.

     Don Wright don@lexmark.com

     Member, IEEE SA Standards Board
             PatCom Chair, SCC Liaison
     Member, IEEE-ISTO Board of Directors