XP Mail Archive: RE: XP> January 23, 2003 versions of XHTML-

RE: XP> January 23, 2003 versions of XHTML-Print and CSS Print Pr ofile re leased

From: BIGELOW,JIM (HP-Boise,ex1) (jim.bigelow@hp.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 16:52:22 EST

    Hello,

    We need to discuss this proposal before adding it to the specification.

    My response above, that I would add text-align:right, size: landscape, and
    list-style-type, was based on the thought that these requests were part of
    the original request made at the November 5, 2002 meeting (See
    http://www.pwg.org/xhtml-print/minutes/Minutes-November-2002.html).
    However, when I reread those materials
    (http://www.pwg.org/xhtml-print/minutes/xhtml-avc.pdf and
    http://www.pwg.org/xhtml-print/minutes/CSSprintenhanced-XHTMLforDTVprint.pdf
    ) I do not see a request for these values.

    I think that we must discuss whether these values should be added or not and
    that members of the working group must decide.

    The value "right" for text-align has not included in the CSS Print Profile
    because it is thought to be too complex for low cost printers.

    The value "landscape" for the size property has, also, not been included in
    the CSS Print Profile because low cost printer may not have enough memory to
    rotate a page from portrait to landscape.

    The values of "lower latin" and "upper latin" for the list-style-type have
    not been include, but I do not know the reasoning. Perhaps someone from the
    working group can indicate why these have not been part of the
    specification.

    Jim Bigelow,
    Editor: XHTML-Print & CSS Print Profile
    IEEE-ISTO, Printer Working Group