XP Mail Archive: Re: XP> January 23, 2003 versions of XHTML-

Re: XP> January 23, 2003 versions of XHTML-Print and CSS Print Pr ofile re leased

From: kazuyuki Murata (murata@isl.mei.co.jp)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 05:38:51 EST

    Hi all,

    Text-align: right
    The "right" is supported by CSS mobile, so I think "right" is a basic CSS property.
    In order to print contents from mobile phones or PDAs, the "right" should be
    supported by "CSS print enhanced". Off course I want to use "right" in contents
    for DTV print services.

    Lower-alpha / upper-alpha are in place of lower-latin / upper-latin.
    lower-latin / upper-latin are not necessary.

    Size: landscape
    We can use "portrait". Why can’t we use "landscape"?
    Content providers of XHTML-print will be confused.
    We can use “@page {size: 20cm 10cm}.
    "8.2.1 Rendering Page Boxes that do not fit target sheet" says
    that a printer can rotate or not.
    So a low cost printer can manage "landscape".

    ---------------------------------------
    Kazuyuki MURATA
    Multimedia Development Center
    Matsushita Electric Industrial Co,.LTD.
    (Panasonic)

    Miyazawa Shunsaku wrote:
    >Hello all,
    >
    >>We need to discuss this proposal before adding it to the specification.
    >I think so.
    >
    >I am sorry additional request of some CSS values.
    >Our original request are lack some CSS values for DTV.
    >So we would like to discuss this proposal that these CSS values adding to CSS Print
    Enhanced column.