XP Mail Archive: RE: XP> XHTML-Print and CSS Profile for Pri

RE: XP> XHTML-Print and CSS Profile for Printing Last Call ends [ what's next for XHTML-Print and the W3C?]

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 16:59:00 EST

    Don,

    What's the plan viz a viz W3C on XHTML-Print?

    I see to recall some sort of a plan to submit XHTML-Print to the W3C as some
    point. Is this the point now that it has passed PWG Last Call to become a
    Proposed (er, Candidate) Standard? If we do forward to the W3C, it might be
    good to use our new terminology of Candidate Standard, since that is the
    terminology that they use.

    Are the same folks in W3C that worked on the SVG for print requirements (see
    earlier email) aware of what the PWG has done on XHTML-Print?

    (And of course I support Don's request to assign an IEEE-ISTO number at this
    time to a Candidate Standard. Remember that the W3C never assigns numbers,
    so we don't have the W3C as a precedent to wait until its a Standard to
    assign the IEEE-ISTO number. As I understanda it, the IEEE-ISTO gave the
    PWG the block of numbers 51xx.x to use.)

    Thanks,
    Tom