[3D Printing] 3D printing test files?

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Fri May 5 19:54:38 UTC 2017

Hi there,

I know we have some 3-D printing test files that are in the ippsample project. But I was wondering if there were 3D files or 3D models that were actually useful for testing and assessing the fidelity of 3D printers print resolution or accuracy? A simple example of this might be a ruler, where if it printed it out, you could compare it's hashmarks against those on a conventional ruler, and see whether the scale was correct.

Cheers,
Smith
---

   Smith Kennedy
   Wireless Architect - Client Software - IPG-PPS
   Standards - PWG / Bluetooth SIG / Wi-Fi Alliance / NFC Forum
   Chair, IEEE ISTO Printer Working Group
   HP Inc.