[Cloud] Minutes posted from today's Cloud Imaging Model WG conference call

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Apr 15 20:24:38 UTC 2013

All,

I have posted the minutes from today's Cloud Imaging Model WG conference call to:

	ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cloud/minutes/cloud-concall-minutes-20130415.pdf

Our next conference call will be April 29, 2013 at 3pm ET.

NOTE: TWO SIGNIFICANT CHANGES WERE TENTATIVELY APPROVED DURING TODAY'S MEETING

First, based on the work done for IPPSIX and discussions within the Cloud Imaging Model WG, we have tentatively agreed to directly support fanout in the Cloud model.  Previously we had decided to simplify the model by supporting a simple 1-to-1 interface between the Cloud Print Service and Cloud Print Manager.  The change will allow the Cloud Print Service to directly support multiple output devices, which is already allowed by the common Semantic Model and IPP.  The change will also allow Cloud Print Managers to represent one or more Output Devices, and these Output Devices may be explicitly identified using a Device UUID as one of the target elements in CPM operations.  Both the CPS and CPM may also choose to hide the Output Devices, again matching the common Semantic Model and IPP.

Second, because work on the Cloud Print Requirements and Model has not been completed as quickly as originally intended, and because of lessons learned in the Semantic Model WG during the development of each of the multifunction services, we have tentatively agreed to refocus our work on the Cloud Imaging Requirements and Model.  The current Cloud Print Requirements and Model will be updated to become the Cloud Imaging Requirements and Model document, and we will complete the definition of the abstract model for all cloud-based multifunction services in a single document.  The IPP Binding document (IPPSIX) will continue to be print-focused, providing a near-term solution for printing.  The IPP WG will then update IPPSIX as needed once the Cloud Imaging Requirements and Model and IPP multifunction service documents are completed.

Comments/objections concerning these decisions should be directed to the Cloud WG mailing list.

believed to be clean.