[Cloud] Question on "all" print jobs

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 14:57:28 UTC 2013

Hi Glen,

I prefer the second all alternative (report all print jobs).

IPP allows both approaches.  The PWG Job Monitoring MIB (RFC 2707)
of course reports all jobs (from all job submission protocols).  Some IPP
implementations that I've seen also report all print jobs.

Mike - opinion here?

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Petrie, Glen
<glen.petrie at eitc.epson.com>wrote:

>  Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> On Monday's meeting, Paul brought up a question of the other
> job-submission connections (i.e. direct network connection) to a Printer
> (to the Print Manager) other than the Cloud connectivity we are discussing
> in this group.  This brings up the question of whether other job-submission
> should be reported or not.  That is, is it important or is it needed to be
> known "how busy a printer is".  Without knowing "all" the print jobs
> associated with the printer true loading cannot be determined.   This
> assumes the Print Manager manages all job for a printer no matter the
> submission source. ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
>    - If no requirement – "A Print Manager "MUST NOT" (or at least "SHOULD
>    NOT") report to the Cloud Print Service jobs originating from other
>    job-submission services (i.e. a network print service)."****
>
> ** **
>
> Or ****
>
> ** **
>
>    - If there is a requirement – "A Print Manager "MUST" (or at least
>    "SHOULD") report to the Cloud Print Service the total number (and size?) of
>    "all" print jobs no matter the originating job-submission services."***
>    *
>
> ** **
>
> Glen****
>
> ** **