[Cloud] Minutes posted from today's Cloud Imaging WG concall

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 22:05:54 UTC 2013

Hi Randy,

Bearing in mind that REST interfaces can be machine-generated from WSDL 2.0,
just as SOAP interfaces can be machine-generated, the Web protocol bindings
can
and *should* be machine-generated from the PWG Semantic XML Schema and
WSDL files, instead of being written "by hand" (ugly and bug-prone).

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Chair - TCG Embedded Systems Hardcopy SG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic at gmail.com

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Randy Turner <rturner at amalfisystems.com>wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Sorry I missed the con call on Monday…
>
> My email was not necessarily to specify new use-cases just to verify that
> we're on the same page regarding use-cases from a "user" perspective - I
> was aware we already had some of those I listed.
> I also wanted to make sure that the concept of registration ("I want to
> make my printer available to the cloud") is included -- I'm uneasy with
> some of the items we've talked about in the past being "out of scope" --
>  Without registration, nothing happens - there is no "service".  We may
> need to review a couple of other "out-of-scope" items to make sure we're
> not specifying an abstract model that can't be instantiated by something
> "concrete" that actually works.
>
> On a separate thread, I would like to "re-introduce" my proposal that we
> include a RESTful specification as one of our initial mapping documents for
> cloud imaging.
>
> More to come…
>
> Randy
>

> On Jun 17, 2013, at 1:55 PM, Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com> wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > I have posted the minutes from today's Cloud Imaging WG conference call
> to:
> >

> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/cloud/minutes/cloud-concall-minutes-20130617.pdf
> >
> > Our next conference call is July 1, 2013 at 3pm ET.
> >
> > New action item:
> >
> >       - Mike to work with Bill to provide updated diagrams for section 4
> of Cloud IRM

> > Michael Sweet, Senior Printing System Engineer, PWG Chair
> >

> > --
> > believed to be clean.

> --
> believed to be clean.