IDS> NAP Documentation

Ron.Bergman at ricoh-usa.com Ron.Bergman at ricoh-usa.com
Thu Jun 5 17:17:42 EDT 2008

As promised in todays teleconference, here is the list of Microsoft
documents that are applicable to NAP.
These documents can be found on MSDN (www.msdn.com) by searching on the
specified keyword (example: MS-SOH).

MS-SOH      Statement of Health for Network Access Protection
MS-HCEP     Health Certificate Enrollment Protocol Specification
MS-WSH      Windows Security Health Agent and Health Validator Protocol
MS-RNAP     RADIUS Attributes for Network Access Protection
MS-PEAP     Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol
MS-GPOL     Group Policy: Core Protocol Specification
MS-WCCE     Windows Client Certification Enrollment Protocol
MS-DTYP     Windows Data Types
MS-MSRP     Messager Service Remote Protocol
MS-GLOS     Windows Protocol Master Glossary

Also, mentioned by IRA:

MS-SECO     Windows Security Overview

Some appliable IETF specifications are:

RFC 2865    Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS)
RFC 3748    Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
RFC 4306    Internet Key Exchange Protocol (IKEv2)

I hope everyone can review these documents with the goal of developing a
protocol stack diagram for our documentation.  I suspect one of the Windows
specification will have this information clearly specified, but I have not
located anything yet.

If you find any other documents that are applicable to this project, plasse
let me know.  I will generate a PDF of this information and add it to the
PWG FTP site and keep it current with any new documents of interest.