IDS> Too many Hardcopy plug-ins for NAP

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 13:03:52 EST 2009

Hi,

[Changed subject to make this thread of discussion more obvious]

Randy asks two cogent and *hard* questions below.

First, common PWG automatic remediation steps/approaches is
certainly a question that MS NAP team folks will ask.

Even if we can answer this question, Randy's second question about
whether Imaging System vendors will refrain from building custom NAP
plug-ins is perhaps even harder.

Will vendor marketing and technical teams be responsible and listen
to their real customer needs.  If vendors DO start releasing custom
NAP plug-ins, then the fruitful PWG collaboration with Microsoft is
going to be at serious risk and the PWG IDS standardization effort is
likely to collapse.

Please start rattling cages and inboxes at your respective vendors.

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176