Dave Whitehead david at lexmark.com
Fri Apr 10 09:54:48 EDT 2009

All,

I agree with Randy that the goals and objectives of the various bodies
should not overlap.  The goals and objectives of the TCG HCWG need to be
complementary to those of the P2600 and PWG IDS groups.

dhw

David H. Whitehead
Development Engineer
Lexmark International, Inc.
859.825.4914
davidatlexmarkdotcom

"Randy Turner" <rturner at amalfisystems.com>
Sent by: owner-ids at pwg.org
04/10/09 01:01 AM

<STDS-2600 at LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
cc
<ids at pwg.org>
Subject
IDS> minutes from April 8 2009 TCG HCWG charter discussion teleconference

Hi All,

After reading the minutes from the latest TCG HCWG re-chartering
discussion,
I have the following comment...

I think, at a minimum, any new charter for the TCG HCWG should be filtered
through the goals and objectives of the p2600 work
and the PWG-IDS activity to determine any new objectives.

in other words,

o1 = set of p2600 goals and objectives (both core standard and protection
profiles)
o2 = set of PWG IDS goals and objectives (including NEA/TNC + IDS
attributes)
o3 = The union of o1 and o2 (i.e., o1 U o2)

o4 = The set of proposed TCG HCWG goals and objectives

The intersection of o3 and o4 should be the empty set

Thanks,
Randy