[IDS] IDS-Microsoft F2F meeting agenda

Nevo, Ron NevoR at sharpsec.com
Mon Aug 3 21:03:49 UTC 2009

Thanks Randy

I will add this topic

Thanks

 Ron Nevo

201-760-3937 O

201-220-5945 C

From: Randy Turner [mailto:rturner at amalfisystems.com]
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 5:01 PM
To: Nevo, Ron
Cc: ids at pwg.org
Subject: Re: [IDS] IDS-Microsoft F2F meeting agenda

Hi Ron,

I would like to hear microsoft's opinion on how they their NAP framework
will transition to support non-Windows devices? And not just hardcopy
devices.  I'm curious if their is recognition from program management on
the need to support non-Windows devices as a part of NAP.  Specifically,
are they going to leave this completely up to vendors to support
(through plug-ins), or is there some "room" in the NAP roadmap to
address non-Windows devices?

From a priority perspective, this discussion could come later in the
meeting.

I'm not looking for information on unannounced products or features, I'm
just looking for a "feel" or opinion about this from the MS-NAP team.

Thanks,

Randy