IPP> ADM - This is not and I-D wording

Scott A. Isaacson Scott_Isaacson at novell.com
Thu Feb 27 13:04:24 EST 1997

IPP Editors,

In each of the documents that we are working on which eventually will
become an I-D, we have a boilerplate section right up front that contains
a set of paragraphs that must be contained word for word in the I-D.  In
order to solve the confusion between IPP posting a working document on
the FTP server which we call an I-D and submitting a document to the
IETF asking them to post an I-D, I propose that we put the following
paragraph in the first section of our documents:

This document is a working document of the Internet Printing Protocol
(IPP) project in the Printer Working Group (PWG).  It is subject to change
at any time.  The current version of this document can be found at
http://www.pwg.org/ipp.   This document is not yet an IETF
Internet-Draft, however it is intended to become one.  When it does, the
following paragraphs will replace this paragraph.
Scott A. Isaacson
Print Services Consulting Engineer
Novell Inc., 122 E 1700 S, Provo, UT 84606
V: (801) 861-7366, (800) 453-1267 x17366
F: (801) 861-4025, E: scott_isaacson at novell.com
W: http://www.novell.com