IPP>MOD reconsideration of model decision

Scott Isaacson SISAACSON at novell.com
Tue May 6 16:53:31 EDT 1997

Jay makes some excellent summary principles below:

>>> JK Martin <jkm at underscore.com> 05/05 3:41 PM >>>
>
> If so, then your statements below might be modified so as not to
> suggest that an IPP-aware client can freely elect Rule #1 in which the
> cient proceeds to embed device/job controls in the print data.
>
> Sure, a client can do whatever it wants.  I'm just hoping the IPP group
> doesn't encourage (in any way) the implementation of IPP-aware clients
> that embed device and/or job controls in the print data.

IPP aware clients better to the right thing (the UPD for example) -- where
the right thing is IPP-aware client can NOT freely embed device/job controls
in the print data.  The IPP group realizes there must be a transition period
where we continue to work with what we got (non IPP aware clients) while at
the same time moving to a brave new world.

Scott