JMP> Re: IPP> MOD JobState suggestion

Tom Hastings hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Jun 4 08:53:28 EDT 1997

Gee Jay,

You want to add another attribute to IPP: job-sub-state
and another object to the JMP jmJobTable: jmJobSubState?

This doesn't sound like simplicity and elegance to me.

Instead, we've shown the "refinement" of these substates, in the
names of the states and not added any more attributes or objects.

That seems like the best of both worlds, namely show the refinement
but keep the attributes and object simple.

Or did you mean to add the sub-states as job-state-reasons which
wouldn't add anymore attributes to IPP and objects to JMP?

Tom

At 15:35 06/02/97 PDT, JK Martin wrote:
>I guess I'm a bit disappointed that we elected to not do the "elegant"
>thing and simply have 3 states (pending, processing, done), then use
>a set defined of substates to describe refinements of those states.
>
>A rare chance to do something that is both elegant *and* simple.
>(Sigh...)
>
>	...jay

ATTENTION?