Francois Yergeau yergeau at alis.com
Tue Oct 14 19:01:28 EDT 1997

I'm sorry, I pressed the wrong button and sent an unfinished message.  I
wanted to add a little something:

À 12:20 14/10/97 PDT, Ira Mcdonald x10962 a écrit :
>The IPP working group has approximately three (3) weeks left
>to finish their Model and Semantics spec and Protocol spec
>and advance them to the IESG (per a recent note from Keith

There is nothing to stop you from mandating level 2, but that would be a
mistakeIMHO, for the reasons I gave in my reply to Tom Hastings.

If you are sure that you *must* have that restriction early on, please
entertain the possibility of having 10646 level 3 as an option in IPP.  I
know nothing about IPP -- negotiation, etc. -- but at least such an option
would give implementers the possibility of advertising that their
implementation supports it, instead of restricting forever to level 2.

Regards,

--
François Yergeau <yergeau at alis.com>
Alis Technologies inc., Montréal