Ira Mcdonald x10962 imcdonal at eso.mc.xerox.com
Fri Oct 24 12:42:21 EDT 1997

Copies To:  masinter at parc.xerox.com
            imcdonal at eso.mc.xerox.com
            ipp at pwg.org

Hi folks,                                       Friday (24 October 1997)

At our IPP Telecon on Wednesday (22 October), I got the action item to
write up new text for registration of MIME media type "application/ipp".

This template came from the IETF MIME Part Four: Registration Procedures
(RFC 2048, November 1996).

Note_1: We need not actually apply for registration of this media-type
until the IPP/1.0 specs are accepted by the IESG onto the 'standards
track'.  The application is made by mail (see below) and need not be
supported by a separate Informational RFC.

Note_2: The 'Intended usage' of 'LIMITED USE' (rather than 'COMMON') is
based on advice earlier this month from Larry Masinter.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald (outside consultant at Xerox)
  High North Inc
  PO Box 221
  Grand Marais, MI  49839
  906-494-2434