IPP> Is that it?/ A tome from home

don at lexmark.com don at lexmark.com
Tue Dec 2 10:51:28 EST 1997

Jay:

I think this is exactly the goal we had in mind for IPP.  If the user has
do something really different to print to an IPP printer then we have
failed.  For the Windows user, finding the printer and its URL (read:
WEB address), installing it and then printing to it should simply pressing
the PRINT button or icon.  The solutions in the non-Windows space
may be different but for the readers of this article in a general
circulation newspaper, computer equals Windows/Intel.

* Don Wright                 don at lexmark.com *
* Product Manager, Strategic Alliances       *
* Lexmark International                      *
* 740 New Circle Rd                          *
* Lexington, Ky 40550                        *
* 606-232-4808 (phone) 606-232-6740 (fax)    *
---------------------- Forwarded by Don Wright on 12/02/97 10:47 AM