Scott Isaacson SISAACSON at novell.com
Tue Dec 2 12:35:12 EST 1997

Jay,

>>> Jay Martin <jkm at underscore.com> 12/02 8:15 AM >>>
>>  The Internet printing protocol (IPP) will make
>>  it possible to print out documents by locating its Web address
>>  and simply pressing the "print" button.
>
>There will be some implementations that might allow for this level
>of simplicity, but doesn't it seem a bit dangerous for us to
>let people think this will be the defacto norm?

I agree with "management of expectations", but I, for one, had hoped that
such a feature might soon be a common practice for Internet users.  I know
that you (and I) have spent much time and effort at enterprise printing
solutions, but last week when I was at Comdex, there were so many people
that I talked to who are just dying for such easy printing functionality
from their Internet clients (weather they be fat, thin, or set-top Web TV
clients).  Why do we want to debunk what we have been trying to get to.
Will it ALL happen the day the IESG says that we have proposed standard
RFCs?  No.  Will it happen some day?  I sure hope so.

Scott