IPP> ADM - Trouble with references

Carl-Uno Manros cmanros at cp10.es.xerox.com
Mon Apr 6 13:57:15 EDT 1998

All,

One of the things I discovered during last week's IETF meeting in LA is
that we are in trouble with a couple of our references in the IPP drafts.
This means that even if we get past the IESG review, we will have trouble
when documents arrive at the RFC editor's desk.

Here are the problem children:

RFC2234 	ABNF, although this is an RFC officially on the standards track,
            Dave Crocker who is the editor, indicated that there are still
a                                            couple of minor editorial
changes to fix. He will do those ASAP.

TLS		TLS has been accepted by the IESG, but they have a reference problem
              with PKIX, which still has to be resolved. The quick fix will
be                                                         to change PKIX
to X.509 as reference. The editors are working on
  this change.

URI		The URI draft has not matured to the standards track. There are some
              serious problems to resolve, which may take considerable
time. The
              advice from Larry Masinter, who is the editor, seems to be to go
              back to using URL where ever we use URI (which would also
mean                                           changing a number of
attribute names!).

Sigh :-(

Carl-Uno

Carl-Uno Manros
Phone +1-310-333 8273, Fax +1-310-333 5514
Email: manros at cp10.es.xerox.com